Alpharetta Georgia - Senior Management is pleased and excited to announce that Argon has been acquired by Spectra Aerospace and Defense, LLC (Spectra). Spectra is a newly formed company, with operations in Georgia, New York, and New Mexico. As part of the new organization, Argon Corporation activities have been combined with those of FDS Avionics Corp (FDS). The new company is called Argon FDS, a Spectra Company
Leading this new company is Bob McGill, CEO. Mike Forde will be President of ArgonFDS.
For now, you will maintain the same POC and company addresses that are currently used for all our business activities.
FDS has provided rugged display monitors for a variety of military applications, along with Cabin Management Systems (CMS)and In-Flight Entertainment (IFE)systems for business jet applications for over 20 years. Both Argon and FDS will continue to provide the same level of support to you. Management continuity has been assured within the new organization and we will look for all possible synergies, while improving our services.
As we work through the many facets of establishing one identity for ArgonFDS, you will soon see an updated web site, letter heading, business cards, etc. However, rest assured that we will continue to provide support as we always have and are looking forward to providing even better support in the near future.
A few key points:
- FDS operations in Alpharetta will be combined with Argon’s operations, also in Alpharetta. The Argon facility is about a mile away from FDS and we will be co-locating over the coming months.
- None of this will impact our day-to-day operations or our interactions with you as a customer (or supplier). It should be seamless and transparent to you.
- We are excited that the additional products and capabilities of FDS and another new sister company, CALCULEX, which will allow us to offer an even broader set of solutions to our customers. We will also have access to more resources to allow us to serve you better.
- Sometime soon we would appreciate the opportunity to brief you in detail about the new company and our expanded capabilities. Due to COVID travel restrictions, we will be calling or video conferencing in the near future.
- Changes to our web site, logo, formal announcements and other company news will be forthcoming.