You are here
Argon Launches the ARD21
21.3” Diagonal, 1600x1200 Resolution, 19” Rack Mount Display with the SWaP You Need
Alpharetta, Georgia – Argon Corporation is pleased to announce the production launch of our 21.3” rugged display monitor. This new product extends our display line and brings the largest viewable area to 19” rack mount requirements on the market.
Some of the key features and benefits of this new product are:
1) Standard 19” Rack Mounting – Until now 20.1” diagonal monitors were the largest size that would fit in a standard 19” rack. Now with Argon’s innovative designs for minimizing the bezel size, while maintaining full Military Standard compliance, users can opt for 21.3” monitors with a native resolution that doesn’t require costly system software changes. In addition, the video card will auto set to nearly any input and optimize the image to fit the screen.
2) LED Backlighting System – The elimination of CCFL backlights from larger area displays means that there are no longer hazardous materials (mercury) and significantly longer life. CCFL’s tend to lose brightness over a shorter time, whereas LED’s do not. Brightness can be better controlled (eliminating the concerns about “dimming ratios”) and overall brightness is higher with significantly less power consumed than previous solutions.
3) Significantly Lower Weight – The ARD21 weighs in at 14.6lbs (6.6kg). The benefits to weight savings are well appreciated within the military market, especially for airborne applications.
4) Lower Power Consumption – The ARD21 consumes only 65W with a brightness of over 450 nits! The lower power consumption not only means a unit that is cooler to the touch and reduced power allocation needs for the monitor, but improved reliability and longer life.
5) Small Mechanical Packaging – Coming in dimensionally at 18.7”(w) x 14.2”(h) x 2.8”(d), the ARD21 has been put on a diet compared to the competition! 19” rack mounting and 8U high with a bezel protrusion of 1.3” leaving 1.5” for behind the console, means more mounting possibilities than ever for C4ISR applications.
6) Analog and Digital Inputs (Standard) – As your computing I/O evolves, there is no need to change the monitor or pay for costly updates. The ARD21 comes standard with both analog RGB and DVI inputs.
The ARD21 is truly a thin and lightweight rugged display supplied with the standard features that you need. With a versatile video card and extremely low power consumption, the ARD21 typifies what our customers mean by lower SWaP. Visit our website or contact Argon directly to learn more about the ARD21.